ruby and gnome-canvas

Ryan Paul

I have been experimenting with the ruby gnome bindings, and I have found a
few decent tutorials, but I havent found any tutorials/examples of using
ruby with the gnome-canvas widgets. Any links, examples, suggestions, etc,
would be most welcome.

TIA!
--segphault

Ryan Paul

I have been experimenting with the ruby gnome bindings, and I have found a
few decent tutorials, but I havent found any tutorials/examples of using
ruby with the gnome-canvas widgets. Any links, examples, suggestions, etc,
would be most welcome.

TIA!
--segphault

I forgot to mention it in my original message, i've been unable to find
bonobo bindings for ruby. Do any exist? If so, i'd love to see some
tutorials/examples about that too.

Thanks again!
--segphault

Michael Neumann

I have been experimenting with the ruby gnome bindings, and I have found a
few decent tutorials, but I havent found any tutorials/examples of using
ruby with the gnome-canvas widgets. Any links, examples, suggestions, etc,
would be most welcome.

I've used it in a little application for a contest. But unluckiliy,
there are problems on FreeBSD, i.e. when I try to save data to a file
from the ruby-Gnome application, the application aborts with a "kernel
thread error". That annoyed me a bit, because one part of my app was an
editor for bezier-paths :)

I can send you the sources if you're interested. But it's a bit more
than a simple example.

Regards,

Michael

Masao Mutoh

Masao Mutoh

Hi,

I forgot to mention it in my original message, i've been unable to find
bonobo bindings for ruby. Do any exist? If so, i'd love to see some
tutorials/examples about that too.

AFAIK, there are no bonobo bindings for ruby.
But if you want, you can test a part of Ruby/Bonobo on Ruby-GNOME2 CVS.
#It's not released yet.