Ruby and XML, validation and DOM

Gendag

Hi all,
I've started to learn Ruby two days ago and it's fantastic! :)
I need I help, i need a lib to validate a XML file and to create
a DOM tree. I've search in the web but I didn't find anuthing, in truth
I've found libxml for tuby but I didn't find any documentation for the
API...

Thx to all that can halp me

Gendag

David Corbin

Hi all,
I've started to learn Ruby two days ago and it's fantastic! :)
I need I help, i need a lib to validate a XML file and to create
a DOM tree. I've search in the web but I didn't find anuthing, in truth
I've found libxml for tuby but I didn't find any documentation for the
API...

I don't think it validates, so this may not help, but Rexml is a *great* API
for XML parsing, and it comes with Ruby.

Gavin Kistner

I've started to learn Ruby two days ago and it's fantastic! :)
I need I help, i need a lib to validate a XML file and to create
a DOM tree.

I highly recommend REXML for creating the DOM tree and working with
the XML. But I don't believe it does DTD/Schema validation.

Thankfully, there seem to be lots of other programs and web services
that do this bit. Although it would be nice to wrap it all up into
one nice little package, how about doing both with separate pieces?

For example, start here http://www.cogsci.ed.ac.uk/~richard/xml-
check.html
If you don't choose to use that web service, perhaps the software it
links to (or the software that the pages it links to themselves link
to) will help. Remember that Ruby can invoke programs from the shell/
command line, and retrieve the results.