Ruby equivalence for php include("file.php");

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Miquel Oliete, Mar 7, 2008.

  1. Hi there

    I'm doing some RoR exercices to begin a website and I want to include a
    file which contains the header template. I have coded using php
    before and I know it's done using include("file.php") and I don't know
    how to do it.

    How do you include a html template into another one (I haven't found
    anything googling)?

    Thanks in advance

    Regards

    --

    Miquel (a.k.a. Ktal=E0 a.k.a. Ton)
    Linux User #286784

    Welcome to the jungle, we got fun and games
    Guns n' Roses
    Miquel Oliete, Mar 7, 2008

  2. Miquel Oliete

    Avdi Grimm Guest

    Miquel Oliete wrote:
    > I'm doing some RoR exercices to begin a website and I want to include a
    > file which contains the header template. I have coded using php
    > before and I know it's done using include("file.php") and I don't know
    > how to do it.

    This is the Ruby mailing list. The Ruby on Rails mailing list is what
    you want: http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk

    Any good (or even mediocre) RoR tutorial will tell you how to do this.
    Hint: 'render :partial'.

    --
    Avdi
    Avdi Grimm, Mar 7, 2008

  3. On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 02:27:37 +0900
    Avdi Grimm wrote:

    > This is the Ruby mailing list. The Ruby on Rails mailing list is what=20
    > you want: http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk
    >=20
    > Any good (or even mediocre) RoR tutorial will tell you how to do this.=20
    > Hint: 'render :partial'.

    Thanks for your hint and let me abuse of your kindness and knowledge
    asking which are the differences between 'render :partial' and 'render:
    file'

    Thanks again :-D

    Regards

    Miquel Oliete, Mar 7, 2008
  4. Miquel Oliete

    Avdi Grimm Guest

    Avdi Grimm, Mar 7, 2008
  5. On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 03:10:01 +0900
    Avdi Grimm wrote:

    > > Thanks for your hint and let me abuse of your kindness and knowledge
    > > asking which are the differences between 'render :partial' and 'render:
    > > file'

    >=20
    > http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActionController/Base.html#M000452
    >=20
    > --
    > Avdi
    >=20

    Thanks a lot Avdi, I was reading this page when I received your answer.

    Regards

    Miquel Oliete, Mar 7, 2008