Ruby Libraries [was Opportunities and pitfalls; was "Introducing myself - Sascha Ebach"]

Curt Hibbs

Mark said:
If we had a site like I described, anyone interested in GUI toolkits
would go to the site, and look under that category; see what other
people had been talking about on message boards, see proposed ideas,
etc... all in one place. It could be integrated with RAA and RubyForge
(once it matured somewhat) so that it would make it a simple thing to
go from conception to implementation, while gathering as many
interested people as possible. It could help people who want to help,
but aren't as advanced, to find projects that they are interested in
helping with.

I realize that this is a large idea; but I wonder what other people
would think about setting something like that up. Am I missing
something? Are there existing methods that would be as good or better?
Do we just need to publicize certain ways of doing things?

I think this is a good idea.

A simple, incremental way to test the waters on this would be to set up a
RubyForge project ("Ruby Libs"??) that would exist for holding a Wiki and
Mailing List (not really for code). If you are interested, I could get this
set up and we could see if we could get enough participation to make it
worthwhile. Email me off-list if you want to discuss this.

Curt