ruby-odbc on Solaris 9 + Informix

Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido

I'm having problems running ruby-odbc-0.996. I hope somebody can give
me some hints to solve it.

My system:

Solaris 9
ruby 1.8.2
unixODBC 2.2.11
Informix 9.4

ruby and unixODBC were compiled with:

export CC=3D/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc
export CFLAGS=3D-xarch=3Dv9

I configured ruby-odbc like this:
ruby extconf.rb --with-odbc-include=3D/usr/local/include

But after doing 'make' I got

/usr/ccs/bin/sparcv9/ld: illegal option -- W

The offending instructions was:
ld -G -L'/usr/local/lib' -R'/usr/local/lib' -o odbc.so odbc.o
-lodbcinst -lodbc -ldl -lcrypt -lm -lc

So I deleted '-Wl,', ran it again and worked fine. Then I ran

ruby test.rb mydsn

and got:

connect.............ok
create_table........ok
insert..............ok
select.............../test/30select.rb:7: fetch: failed (RuntimeError)
from test.rb:20:in `load'
from test.rb:20
from test.rb:16:in `each'
from test.rb:16

I edited 30select.rb to print what it is trying to do and I saw the problem=
:

4294967296,foo
8589934592,bar
0,FOO
0,BAR

instead of

1,foo
2,bar
3,FOO
4,BAR

The records wre correctly inserted, but not retrieved.

Any idea?