Ruby start up on Windows slow!

Corey Haines

I have looked back through the archives, but can't find any solutions for
the slow start-up of ruby on windows. I know Ron had some slowness problems
a while ago, but it appears this is different. Basically, when ruby starts
up, there is a pause of about 1-2 seconds.

I made a screencast of a couple commands. It isn't deadly, or anything, but
it sure it annoying to have to wait. Autotest is nice, but it still takes a
second or two before the specs run.

Here's the screencast:
http://screencast.com/t/JHffiqRWuWG

-Corey

James Tucker

ruby runs real slow on windows across the board.

cleanup your rubygems (gem cleanup)

and try to minimize the number of gems you have installed, or manually
require rubygems only when you need it.

coreyhaines

thanks! I'll try cleaning up.