rubygems - invalid gem format

Brian Scott

Hello,

I am having issues installing gems on both windows 7 and OpenSuSE 11.2.
I installed Ruby 1.9.1 and RubyGems 1.3.5. I tried installing a few gems
like gemcutter and heroku but I get the following error:

ERROR: Error installing heroku:
invalid gem format for
/usr/lib64/ruby/gems/1.8/cache/rest-client-1.0.3.gem

This happens no matter what gem I try to install.

Thanks

Luis Lavena

Hello,

I am having issues installing gems on both windows 7 and OpenSuSE 11.2.
I installed Ruby 1.9.1 and RubyGems 1.3.5. I tried installing a few gems
like gemcutter and heroku but I get the following error:

ERROR:  Error installing heroku:
  invalid gem format for
/usr/lib64/ruby/gems/1.8/cache/rest-client-1.0.3.gem

This happens no matter what gem I try to install.

I believe I've responded to your report before, but again:

Please clear your gem cache, on any of the OS you're using.

In any of these OS, on any RubyGems error report, please provide the
complete information of "gem env" and the detailed trace of the
execution of the command with debug and verbose options.

gem install heroku --debug -V