RubyScript2Exe 0.2.1

Erik Veenstra

Just released RubyScript2Exe 0.2.1 [1].

* Added (experimental) support for detecting and embedding Ruby
gems. I don't claim that it works flawlessly under all
circumstances, but it worked on my installation (Linux). Did
a couple of tests, simple situations. Is somebody able and
willing to help? Any RubyGems hackers?

* Added --eee-list .

gegroet,
Erik V.

[1] http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/index.html

Erik Veenstra

From the page:
Is there a risk that a interactive or otherwise sporadically
executing application might not get all of its dependencies
included in the bundle, or am I reading too much into that
statement?

True. "RubyScript2Exe monitors the execution of your script."
In other words: If a particular "require" isn't executed, it
isn't copied into the executable either. If you know that some
"require" might fall through and still want to load it only
under special circumstances, you might want to use the
following lines at the beginning of your script:

require "always"
if ENV.include?("--exit")
require "somewhereintheapplicationbutnotnow"
exit 1
end

Pack it with:

$ ruby rubyscript2exe.rb app.rb --exit

This loads the files which might otherwise fall through and
prevents executing of (the rest of) the script.

That's what I do when I know a script is going to be packed
with RubyScript2Exe.

gegroet,
Erik V.