    Thanks for any advice
    Markus
    , Jul 16, 2007

  2. Masudur Guest

    On Jul 16, 11:00 am, wrote:
    > Hi, I have a website calledwww.websitename.comwhich is an ASP.NET
    > 2.0 website.
    >
    > I need to create another application (Which I want to be totally
    > seperate from the above website) but for political reasons must be
    > accessible via a subfolder (e.g.www.websitename.com/otherApplication/
    > )
    >
    > Is it possible to run a totally seperate AP.NET 2.0 application from
    > within this subfolder?
    >
    > Normally I would create a subdomain name but in this instance they
    > want the new application available from a subfolder off the main
    > website domain.
    >
    > Thanks for any advice
    > Markus

    Hi...
    possible
    develop your webapplication any where... just deploy in your sub
    folder...
    Thanks
    Masudur
    Masudur, Jul 16, 2007

  3. Riki Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi, I have a website called www.websitename.com which is an ASP.NET
    > 2.0 website.
    >
    > I need to create another application (Which I want to be totally
    > seperate from the above website) but for political reasons must be
    > accessible via a subfolder (e.g. www.websitename.com/otherApplication/
    > )
    >
    > Is it possible to run a totally seperate AP.NET 2.0 application from
    > within this subfolder?
    >
    > Normally I would create a subdomain name but in this instance they
    > want the new application available from a subfolder off the main
    > website domain.

    Just create a virtual directory for your subfolder on the web server.

    --

    Riki
    Riki, Jul 16, 2007

    On Jul 16, 5:10 pm, "Riki" <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Hi, I have a website calledwww.websitename.comwhich is an ASP.NET
    > > 2.0 website.

    > > I need to create another application (Which I want to be totally
    > > seperate from the above website) but for political reasons must be
    > > accessible via a subfolder (e.g.www.websitename.com/otherApplication/
    > > )

    > > Is it possible to run a totally seperate AP.NET 2.0 application from
    > > within this subfolder?

    > > Normally I would create a subdomain name but in this instance they
    > > want the new application available from a subfolder off the main
    > > website domain.

    > Just create a virtual directory for your subfolder on the web server.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Riki

    Hi, thanks for your help. Does this directory have to be inside the
    folder of the parent website?
    Thanks
    Markus
    , Jul 16, 2007
  5. !> Does this directory have to be inside the folder of the parent website?

    No, it does not.

    Assuming that www.websitename.com is located in c:\inetpub\wwwroot,
    www.websitename.com/otherApplication/ could be located in g:\somedirectory.

    Just point to the appropiate physical directory when you create the virtual directory.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 16, 2007
  6. Masudur Guest

    On Jul 16, 2:27 pm, wrote:
    > On Jul 16, 5:10 pm, "Riki" <> wrote:
    >

    > > wrote:
    > > > Hi, I have a website calledwww.websitename.comwhichis an ASP.NET
    > > > 2.0 website.

    > > > I need to create another application (Which I want to be totally
    > > > seperate from the above website) but for political reasons must be
    > > > accessible via a subfolder (e.g.www.websitename.com/otherApplication/
    > > > )

    > > > Is it possible to run a totally seperate AP.NET 2.0 application from
    > > > within this subfolder?

    > > > Normally I would create a subdomain name but in this instance they
    > > > want the new application available from a subfolder off the main
    > > > website domain.

    > > Just create a virtual directory for your subfolder on the web server.

    > > --

    > > Riki

    > Hi, thanks for your help. Does this directory have to be inside the
    > folder of the parent website?
    > Thanks
    > Markus

    Hi..

    nah... its not necessary that the subfolder have to be in save
    directory.. since you are creating a virtual directory it can be any
    where...
    if you are creating virtual directory from iis... expand your selected
    site... right click on the site you want to add a virtual directory
    and then select new virtual directory... follow the instruction...

    Thanks
    Md. Masudur Rahman (Munna)
    Kaz Software Ltd.
    www.kaz.com.bd
    http://munnacs.110mb.com
    Masudur, Jul 16, 2007

    On Jul 16, 6:54 pm, Masudur <> wrote:
    > On Jul 16, 2:27 pm, wrote:

    > > > Just create a virtual directory for your subfolder on the web server.

    > > > --

    > > > Riki

    > > Hi, thanks for your help. Does this directory have to be inside the
    > > folder of the parent website?
    > > Thanks
    > > Markus

    > Hi..
    >
    > nah... its not necessary that the subfolder have to be in save
    > directory.. since you are creating a virtual directory it can be any
    > where...
    > if you are creating virtual directory from iis... expand your selected
    > site... right click on the site you want to add a virtual directory
    > and then select new virtual directory... follow the instruction...
    >
    > Thanks
    > Md. Masudur Rahman (Munna)
    > Kaz Software Ltd.www.kaz.com.bdhttp://munnacs.110mb.com- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks everyone for your help
    Regards
    Markus
    , Jul 16, 2007
  8. Eric Guest

    One thing to watch out for is whether you need to share state. A
    virtual directory can either be marked as an application, or not. If
    it is not marked, then it will be part of another application higher
    up in the virtual path. If it is marked as an application then it has
    it's own state, cache, etc.
    Eric, Jul 16, 2007