Runtime Errors

RST

Please help if you can!

I am using Microsoft Visual Web Developer to maintain a rather large college Web site that is based on the ASP.NET 2.0 technology. In my root folder, there are many subfolders (directories) that contain their own Master pages to regulate the look and feel of each department's Web site. This is the way things have worked for months...with no problem might I add.

This morning, I go to check on the Web site of one of our departments- one that was fine yesterday afternoon- and I get a "runtime error". This is the case with almost ALL of our academic department's Web sites (only 2 work). I can't for the life of me figure out what is happening.

I had a few problems with my computer and with Visual Web Developer during that time. My computer froze once but the Web sites were operational afterward. I also had to close out VWD this morning but I've had to do that before and hadn't run into any problems because of it.

*One thing I did notice that was a little odd is that Windows Explorer showed that my Webconfig file had been modified. I can't notice a difference because I never mess with it but Windows Explorer shows that it had been modified this morning. I've never even opened it. Could this be my problem or does that file become modified through the updating of other files within the application?

By the way, the link to the department Web sites are http://www.accd.edu/spc/main/academics.aspx. They are presented in links.

From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/8_2007_10_0_0_0/dotnet-framework-aspnet.ht

Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Group
http://www.developmentnow.com

IfThenElse

when I followed your link, we can not see the real error from the outside,
what type of error message you are getting.

You can back up your current production web.config and try to replace it
with a backed up one or one you know should work and see what happens.
I would back up the entire web site.

IfThenElse

It looks like you fixed it. what was the issue.
share so someone else can be helped maybe?