Runtime Library Conflicts

JonoMG

Hey all,

Quick question as I have searched and haven't been able to find the
answer so far.

We have an application that we have recently ported to .Net Studio
2003 which uses third party dll's in it's execution at certain times.
The problem we are now faced with is that on loading our application
the runtime library (msvc71.dll) is loaded, yet once the third party
dll is called it has obviously been built on Studio 6 and it has a
dependancy on the older runtime library (msvcrt.dll) - hence the
problems begin.

I realise we should speak to the vendor of the third party dll, to
which we have done and await a response, but I thought I would put it
out to the community and see if there is a way around this problem
that is recognised ?

Cheers and thanks for the help.

Jono