Save XML file formatted by XSL into HTML

Discussion in 'Java' started by Alessandro, Jun 4, 2009.

  1. Alessandro

    Alessandro Guest

    Hi all,

    I have an XML file formatted using an XSL one and I need a Java application
    to save as static HTML file (no JSP or servlet)

    Is there a way ??

    This is the snippet of Xml file:

    //START
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <?xml:stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="format.xsl"?>
    <Dati>
    <item>
    </item>
    </Dati>

    //END

    Thanks and best regards,
    Alessandro

    Alessandro, Jun 4, 2009

  2. Alessandro

    Mark Space Guest

    Alessandro wrote:

    > <?xml version="1.0"?>
    > <?xml:stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="format.xsl"?>

    Java can handle XSLT but I don't think it will automagically scan a file
    for processing instructions like the one above. You may have to do that
    yourself. I'd be happy to be wrong about this.

    Here's the XSL stuff:

    <http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/oreilly/java/news/javaxslt_0801.html>

    Mark Space, Jun 4, 2009

  3. Alessandro

    GArlington Guest

    On Jun 4, 8:43 pm, "Alessandro" <> wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have an XML file formatted using an XSL one and I need a Java application
    > to save as static HTML file (no JSP or servlet)

    Are the XML and XSL on the web server? If so, http request should do
    it (web server will apply XSL to your XML and generate HTML), all you
    will need to do is to save the HTML...
    Are the XML and XSL on the local file system? Then you will need to
    apply XSL yourself - there are few Java modules for the purpose...

    GArlington, Jun 5, 2009