Saving and retrieving from a VFP database

Roy Gourgi

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to save my data from C++ into a
Visual FoxPro database and then later also retrieve information from it. Is
it possible and if it possible how can it be done. I would prefer to save it
in a Visual FoxPro database, because I know VFP well, but I can live with an
Access database.

Also does anyone know if it is worth maybe migrating to vb.net as I heard
that it is the database programming language of the future. My only concern
is that vb.net may not be very fast compared to C++.

TIA
Roy

Bart van Ingen Schenau

Roy said:
Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to save my data from C++ into a
Visual FoxPro database and then later also retrieve information from
it. Is it possible and if it possible how can it be done.

It is possible, but you will need either a third-party library for
handling Visual FoxPro file format, or you need to know exactly what
each byte in such a file means.

Standard C++ does not have the capability to decode any file format
other than plain text.

Bart v Ingen Schenau