Saving to a database

Roy Gourgi

Hi,

Is it possible to save to a database as opposed to saving to a flat .txt
file? It could be any database program, such as FoxPro (preferably), SQL
Server, MySQL. Furthermore, I would also like to know if I would also be
able to retrieve information from these databases?

TIA
Roy Gourgi

Victor Bazarov

Roy said:
Is it possible to save to a database as opposed to saving to a flat
.txt file?

I believe it is possible. If it weren't, how would we have all
those databases?
It could be any database program, such as FoxPro
(preferably), SQL Server, MySQL. Furthermore, I would also like to
know if I would also be able to retrieve information from these
databases?

C++ language (the only subject of this newsgroup) has no mechanisms
for database access. You need to ask either in a database newsgroup
or in a newsgroup for programming your OS or your compiler. I do
strongly recommend the former. There is a host of newsgroups on
Usenet with names starting with 'comp.database'

Moritz Beller

Hi,

Is it possible to save to a database as opposed to saving to a
flat .txt
file?
Yes.

It could be any database program, such as FoxPro (preferably),
SQL
Server, MySQL. Furthermore, I would also like to know if I would also
be
able to retrieve information from these databases?

Depends.

best regards / Gruß
Moritz Beller