Saving attachments from emails

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Jules Mitland, Oct 22, 2004.

  1. I'm using Net::pop3 to download emails from my POP3 server.

    How do I use MIME::Base64 to decode and save any image attachments?

    Jules Mitland, Oct 22, 2004

  2. (Jules Mitland) wrote in
    news::

    > I'm using Net::pop3 to download emails from my POP3 server.
    >
    > How do I use MIME::Base64 to decode and save any image attachments?

    Use Net::pOP3 to download email meesages from your POP3 server.

    Then use Email::MIME to decode and save any image attachments.

    http://search.cpan.org/~simon/Email-MIME-1.8/MIME.pm

    Sinan.

    A. Sinan Unur, Oct 22, 2004

  3. (Jules Mitland) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I'm using Net::pop3 to download emails from my POP3 server.
    >
    > How do I use MIME::Base64 to decode and save any image attachments?

    Actally, you should use MIME::Tools, which provides a comprehensive
    interface to MIME-encoded documents including email.

    Aaron Sherman, Oct 23, 2004