Saving data using Callback??

Nemisis

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has tried the following saving values from a
page to a database using CallBack? is this possible?

Basically instead of pressing a button that contacts the server and
refreshes the whole page, i was wondering if it is possible to allow
the user to update certain values within textboxs and dropdownlist, and
then obtain the values entered on a callback.

Thanks in advance.

Brian Williams

I think you are asking, can you hook up events to textboxes and
dropdownlists that cause a postback and update when values when the text has
changed.

I can think of several ways to do this.
The first ways is to set the AutoPostBack property on the control to true
and add a TextChanged event handler.
This will cause the page to refresh on every control you change the
AutoPostBack property to true, very annoying to the end user. The second way
is allot better, use ASP.Net Ajax to refresh specific areas only.
Another option is to use Remote Scripting, but you will find ASP.Net Ajax
allot easier to implement.

http://ajax.asp.net/Default.aspx

Regards,
Brian K. Williams

Brian Williams

Nice... thanks Mark. I wasn't aware of this one, learn something new
everyday :)

-Brian