Saving Flash Files

Pokey

I would like to save a flash file from a web site.

Where can I find the flash file on my hard disk, or how can I force it to
save?

Thxs: Pokey

A Hess

Stardate 10/25/03 5:56 PM, Pokey sat a million monkeys at a million
typewriters and produced the following:
I would like to save a flash file from a web site.

Where can I find the flash file on my hard disk, or how can I force it to
save?

Thxs: Pokey

With IE:
Look in your cache, organize by file type, look for your file with .swf
extension.

Mozilla, Firebird or any browser:
I do it by looking at the page source, finding the file name, opening
that file alone, then "save page as..."

Hope that helps, Aron

Woolly Mittens

Hywel Jenkins said:
What does?

The fascist usenet quoting police does.
If you post something useful along with your griefing it might not make you
look like such a loser.

Hywel Jenkins

The fascist usenet quoting police does.

Clearly you miss the point. You seem to assume that all news servers
carry the entire thread that you responded to. News servers don't carry
all messages - your own news server may not even server your own posts
back to you. You also seemed to assume that everyone's news reader
threads messages.

If you post something useful along with your griefing it might not make you
look like such a loser.

Interesting. Millions of years of evolution and that's the best you
had? Perhaps you need to google for your own posts.

Pokey

Okay

1. With Windows XP I can't find any swf files.
2. With Windows 98 SE I found the .swf files

I can't open the file with Internet Explorer 6
I can't open the file with Flash MX 6.0, I get a protected file message

I can open the file with Netscape 7.0

Any ideas!
a) How do I find it on a WIN XP Computer?
b) How can I make it accessible from IE 6.0?

Thanks: Pokey