Saving Run time excel file data in database.

jack

Hi.

Creation of report in excel at client end is pretty simple. But what
if when the user modifies the data and the changes needs to be stored
in the database.

What my requirement is that instead of using the gridview the user
will have excel for manipulation.. Then he will save this data at the
server in sqldatabase.

How to catch the data from the file which is not stored in the client
hard disk and the sheet is embedded in the web browser page...

Please help

jack

How about making changes in the file embedded and serializing it with
xml and save it in the database. but how this could be done.

jack

found the solution. Used light weight Office web component. to get the
data from the server and display it on the page.. The user manipulates
the data and updates back with the help of javascript. in to the
server...