Schema data type setting

The Magpie

Thanks for the help with the FAQ and the IBM page, but they didn't help
and I've had no luck finding the answer so far. In fact, I'm beginning
to think what I want can't be done. If anyone knows of a method to
manage it can you help out please?

Basically, I'm looking at validating datatypes. They come in sets, of
one or more validations so we might have (descriptive, not actual code):

<type "a">
<restriction pattern="validation1"/>
</type>

What I'm looking for is a way to define a type that will be valid for
any data that meets any one of the three example datatypes so that:

<type "maintype">
<either is type "a" valid/>
<or is type "b" valid/>
<or is type "c" valid/>