    it checks for a 2.6 installation, and obviously doesn't find the 2.7
    folder. Anyone know of a 2.7 installer?

    Thanks
    JB, Jul 21, 2011

  2. 2011/7/21 JB <>:
    > I'm currently using python 2.7, with numpy and scipy already
    > installed, but I can't seem to install Scikits.timeseries. I've
    > downloaded the windows installer from sourceforge, but when I run it,
    > it checks for a 2.6 installation, and obviously doesn't find the 2.7
    > folder. Anyone know of a 2.7 installer?
    >
    > Thanks

    it appears, you can use the universal source installer:
    scikits.timeseries-0.91.3.tar.gz
    from
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pytseries/files/scikits.timeseries/0.91.3/

    setuptools seems to be required for installation of this package:
    http://pypi.python.org/pypi/setuptools

    After installing that, just unpack the archive
    scikits.timeseries-0.91.3.tar.gz

    and call the contained setup.py with your python 2.7 with the parameter: install

    setup.py install
    (assuming you are in the appropriate directory like:
    C:\install\scikits.timeseries-0.91.3\
    and python27 is associated as the default python interpreter;
    otherwise the full paths should be specified.

    I am not able to test the functionality on py27, but at least import,
    help(...) and some basic stuff do work :)

    hth,
    vbr
    Vlastimil Brom, Jul 21, 2011