scipy for python 2.4

querypk

Did anyone try to install Scipy package on python2.4 linux version. I
see only python2.3 version of scipy released. When I try to install I
get an dependency warning saying scipy cannot find python2.3.

Can someone point me to python2.4 version of scipy and help me install.

Robert Kern

Did anyone try to install Scipy package on python2.4 linux version. I
see only python2.3 version of scipy released. When I try to install I
get an dependency warning saying scipy cannot find python2.3.

Can someone point me to python2.4 version of scipy and help me install.

scipy.org has not yet released binaries for Python 2.4. It will compile
from source just fine, though. Someone may have also released binary
packages for your particular platform, but since you don't mention which
one that is, we can't help you with that, yet.

--
Robert Kern
(e-mail address removed)

-- Richard Harter

Philippe C. Martin

In order to help, I just tried to compile it, and it seems to have a bunch
of dependencies to worry about:

[root@pcmsc SciPy_complete-0.3.2]# python setup.py install
fftw_info:
NOT AVAILABLE

dfftw_info:
NOT AVAILABLE

FFTW (http://www.fftw.org/) libraries not found.
Directories to search for the libraries can be specified in the
scipy_distutils/site.cfg file (section [fftw]) or by setting
the FFTW environment variable.
djbfft_info:
NOT AVAILABLE

DJBFFT (http://cr.yp.to/djbfft.html) libraries not found.
Directories to search for the libraries can be specified in the
scipy_distutils/site.cfg file (section [djbfft]) or by setting
the DJBFFT environment variable.
blas_opt_info:
atlas_blas_threads_info:
scipy_distutils.system_info.atlas_blas_threads_info
NOT AVAILABLE

atlas_blas_info:
scipy_distutils.system_info.atlas_blas_info
NOT AVAILABLE

scipy_core/scipy_distutils/system_info.py:982: UserWarning:
Atlas (http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/) libraries not found.
Directories to search for the libraries can be specified in the
scipy_distutils/site.cfg file (section [atlas]) or by setting
the ATLAS environment variable.
warnings.warn(AtlasNotFoundError.__doc__)
blas_info:
NOT AVAILABLE

scipy_core/scipy_distutils/system_info.py:991: UserWarning:
Blas (http://www.netlib.org/blas/) libraries not found.
Directories to search for the libraries can be specified in the
scipy_distutils/site.cfg file (section [blas]) or by setting
the BLAS environment variable.
warnings.warn(BlasNotFoundError.__doc__)
blas_src_info:
NOT AVAILABLE

scipy_core/scipy_distutils/system_info.py:994: UserWarning:
Blas (http://www.netlib.org/blas/) sources not found.
Directories to search for the sources can be specified in the
scipy_distutils/site.cfg file (section [blas_src]) or by setting
the BLAS_SRC environment variable.
warnings.warn(BlasSrcNotFoundError.__doc__)
NOT AVAILABLE

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "setup.py", line 111, in ?
setup_package(ignore_packages)
File "setup.py", line 85, in setup_package
ignore_packages = ignore_packages)
File "scipy_core/scipy_distutils/misc_util.py", line 475, in
get_subpackages
config = setup_module.configuration(*args)
File
"/home/philippe/downloaded/SciPy_complete-0.3.2/Lib/integrate/setup_integrate.py",
line 22, in configuration
raise NotFoundError,'no blas resources found'
scipy_distutils.system_info.NotFoundError: no blas resources found

querypk

I tried to compile it from source. But it dint work.It was looking for
python2.3 .But I want to install it on pyrthon 2.4
PLatform you mean I am using RedHat 9.0. is that what you were
referring?
can you point me to the source you are referring. I used the sourse
from this link...

http://www.scipy.org/download/

Robert Kern

I tried to compile it from source. But it dint work.It was looking for
python2.3 .But I want to install it on pyrthon 2.4
PLatform you mean I am using RedHat 9.0. is that what you were
referring?
can you point me to the source you are referring. I used the sourse
from this link...

http://www.scipy.org/download/

Yes, that's the source I'm talking about (although CVS is better). I
don't understand what you mean when you say that the source "was looking
for python2.3." The source distribution certainly doesn't do that.

--
Robert Kern
(e-mail address removed)

-- Richard Harter

Robert Kern

Philippe said:
In order to help, I just tried to compile it, and it seems to have a bunch
of dependencies to worry about:

Yes, that's true. Only some kind of LAPACK/BLAS (with ATLAS for
preference) is actually necessary. Coincidentally, there are binaries
provided if you can't find binary RPMs for your system.

http://www.scipy.org/download/atlasbinaries/linux/

--
Robert Kern
(e-mail address removed)