    not thought SciTE. Anyone else had problems with
    SciTE V1.72 and Ruby 1.8.6?

    Jeff

    Jeffrey Bowen, Aug 16, 2007

  2. On Aug 16, 1:07 pm, Jeffrey Bowen <> wrote:
    > I installed Ruby 1.8.6 this morning. At first I
    > thought my programs would no longer run in Windows. I
    > now know that they will run from a command prompt but
    > not thought SciTE. Anyone else had problems with
    > SciTE V1.72 and Ruby 1.8.6?

    Here are some things to check:

    # make sure the path to ruby.exe is in your path system environment
    variable
    C:\>path
    PATH=c:\ruby\ruby186\bin;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem

    # make sure .rb and .rbw are set in the pathext system environment
    variable
    C:\>echo %pathext%
    ..COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.RB;.RBW;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.tcl;.PSC1

    # make sure the rubyopt system environment variable is set.
    C:\>echo %rubyopt%
    -rubygems

    # make sure the file associations are there.
    C:\>assoc .rb
    ..rb=rbFile

    C:\>ftype rbfile
    rbfile=c:\ruby\ruby186\bin\ruby.exe "%0" %*

    # in Scite, open the ruby.properties file, and make sure the
    command.go line looks like this:
    command.go.*.rb=ruby $(FileNameExt)

    # if it's a problem with a system environment variable, make sure you
    set it in the gui, and not with the set command. Otherwise the
    changes won't persist.

    Here's some info on that: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310519

    Gordon Thiesfeld, Aug 16, 2007