SciTE editor question

Brent W. Hughes

I want to increase the number of files I can have open in the SciTE editor.
The SciTEDoc.html document says to change the number of buffers in a file
called SciTE.properties, but it doesn't say specifically how to specify
this. So I tried putting this in the properties file:

buffers=5

It didn't work. Maybe I need to qualify it in some way, like sys.buffers=5.
Does anyone know about this?

Brent

P.S. If I'm in the wrong newsgroup for this question, please tell me which
NG to use.

Robert

Brent W. Hughes said:
I want to increase the number of files I can have open in the SciTE editor.
The SciTEDoc.html document says to change the number of buffers in a file
called SciTE.properties, but it doesn't say specifically how to specify
this. So I tried putting this in the properties file:

buffers=5

It didn't work. Maybe I need to qualify it in some way, like sys.buffers=5.
Does anyone know about this?

Brent

P.S. If I'm in the wrong newsgroup for this question, please tell me which
NG to use.
From the docs:

"Buffers
SciTE may be configured to use between 1 and 100 buffers each containing a
file. The default is 1 and this effectively turns off buffers. With more
than one buffer, the Buffers menu can be used to switch between buffers,
either by selecting the file name or using the Previous (F6) and Next
(Shift+F6) commands. Setting more than 10 buffers may cause problems as some
menus are fixed in length and thus files beyond that length may not be
accessible.

When all the buffers contain files, then opening a new file causes a buffer
to be reused which may require a file to be saved. In this case an alert is
displayed to ensure the user wants the file saved. "

"How do I enable tabbed window mode in SciTE?

Tabbed window mode is only available on Windows and GTK+ 2, not on GTK+ 1.
Multiple buffers must be allocated by setting, for example, buffers=10 in
your SciTEGlobal.properties. To have the tab bar visible upon starting
SciTE, set tabbar.visible=1. You can also set tabbar.hide.one=0 to always
show tabs, or 1 to hide when only one file is open. tabbar.multiline=1
splits tabs across various lines if neccesary. "

HTH

Robert

Brent W. Hughes said:
I want to increase the number of files I can have open in the SciTE editor.
The SciTEDoc.html document says to change the number of buffers in a file
called SciTE.properties, but it doesn't say specifically how to specify
this. So I tried putting this in the properties file:

buffers=5

It didn't work. Maybe I need to qualify it in some way, like sys.buffers=5.
Does anyone know about this?

Brent

P.S. If I'm in the wrong newsgroup for this question, please tell me which
NG to use.
What I have in my SciTEGlobal.properties file:

tabbar.visible=1
tabbar.hide.one=1
tabbar.multiline=1
buffers=30