    Brent

    P.S. If I'm in the wrong newsgroup for this question, please tell me which
    NG to use.

    Brent W. Hughes, May 22, 2004

  2. Brent W. Hughes

    Robert Guest

    "Brent W. Hughes" <> wrote in message
    news:sxPrc.97519$xw3.5665588@attbi_s04...
    > I want to increase the number of files I can have open in the SciTE

    editor.
    > The SciTEDoc.html document says to change the number of buffers in a file
    > called SciTE.properties, but it doesn't say specifically how to specify
    > this. So I tried putting this in the properties file:
    >
    > buffers=5
    >
    > It didn't work. Maybe I need to qualify it in some way, like

    sys.buffers=5.
    > Does anyone know about this?
    >
    > Brent
    >
    > P.S. If I'm in the wrong newsgroup for this question, please tell me

    which
    > NG to use.

    From the docs:

    "Buffers
    SciTE may be configured to use between 1 and 100 buffers each containing a
    file. The default is 1 and this effectively turns off buffers. With more
    than one buffer, the Buffers menu can be used to switch between buffers,
    either by selecting the file name or using the Previous (F6) and Next
    (Shift+F6) commands. Setting more than 10 buffers may cause problems as some
    menus are fixed in length and thus files beyond that length may not be
    accessible.

    When all the buffers contain files, then opening a new file causes a buffer
    to be reused which may require a file to be saved. In this case an alert is
    displayed to ensure the user wants the file saved. "

    "How do I enable tabbed window mode in SciTE?

    Tabbed window mode is only available on Windows and GTK+ 2, not on GTK+ 1.
    Multiple buffers must be allocated by setting, for example, buffers=10 in
    your SciTEGlobal.properties. To have the tab bar visible upon starting
    SciTE, set tabbar.visible=1. You can also set tabbar.hide.one=0 to always
    show tabs, or 1 to hide when only one file is open. tabbar.multiline=1
    splits tabs across various lines if neccesary. "

    HTH

    Robert, May 22, 2004

  3. Brent W. Hughes

    Robert Guest

    "Brent W. Hughes" <> wrote in message
    > I want to increase the number of files I can have open in the SciTE

    editor.
    > The SciTEDoc.html document says to change the number of buffers in a file
    > called SciTE.properties, but it doesn't say specifically how to specify
    > this. So I tried putting this in the properties file:
    >
    > buffers=5
    >
    > It didn't work. Maybe I need to qualify it in some way, like

    sys.buffers=5.
    > Does anyone know about this?
    >
    > Brent
    >
    > P.S. If I'm in the wrong newsgroup for this question, please tell me

    which
    > NG to use.

    What I have in my SciTEGlobal.properties file:

    tabbar.visible=1
    tabbar.hide.one=1
    tabbar.multiline=1
    buffers=30

    Robert, May 22, 2004
  4. Brent W. Hughes

    Neil Hodgson Guest

    Brent W. Hughes:

    > buffers=5
    >
    > It didn't work.

    You will need to restart SciTE after setting buffers for the change to
    take effect.

    Neil

    Neil Hodgson, May 22, 2004