SciTE

Jonas Galvez

Can anyone share or point me to a decent syntax highlighting file for
Ruby? The one I have is a bit old and doesn't work well with a number
of things, such as regexes. Can't seem to find an updated version...

Thanks in advance.

--Jonas Galvez

Dema

Hi Jonas, the one that ships with the One-Click Windows Installer does
a pretty good job. Here it is:

# Define SciTE settings for Ruby files.

filter.ruby=Ruby (.rb,.rbw)|*.rb;*.rbw|

lexer.*.rb;*.rbw=ruby

file.patterns.rb=*.rb;*.rbw

keywordclass.ruby=__FILE__ and def end in or self unless __LINE__ begin
\
defined? ensure module redo super until BEGIN break do false next
rescue \
then when END case else for nil retry true while alias class elsif if \
not return undef yield
keywords.$(file.patterns.rb)=$(keywordclass.ruby)

statement.indent.*.rb=
statement.end*.rb=
statement.lookback.*.rb=1
block.start.*.rb=10

comment.block.ruby=#~

# ruby styles
# White space
style.ruby.0=fore:#808080
# Comment
style.ruby.1=fore:#007F00,$(font.comment)
# Number
style.ruby.2=fore:#007F7F
# String
style.ruby.3=fore:#7F007F,$(font.monospace)
# Single quoted string
style.ruby.4=fore:#7F007F,$(font.monospace)
# Keyword
style.ruby.5=fore:#00007F,bold
# Triple quotes
# style.ruby.6=fore:#7F0000
# Triple double quotes
style.ruby.7=fore:#7F0000
# Class name definition
style.ruby.8=fore:#0000FF,bold
# Function or method name definition
style.ruby.9=fore:#007F7F,bold
# Operators
style.ruby.10=bold
# Identifiers
style.ruby.11=fore:#7F7F7F
# Comment-blocks
style.ruby.12=fore:#7F7F7F
# End of line where string is not closed
style.ruby.13=fore:#000000,$(font.monospace),back:#E0C0E0,eolfilled
# Matched Operators
style.ruby.34=fore:#0000FF,bold
style.ruby.35=fore:#FF0000,bold
# Braces are only matched in operator style
braces.ruby.style=10

if PLAT_WIN
command.go.*.rb=ruby $(FileNameExt)
command.go.subsystem.*.rb=1
command.go.*.rbw=rubyw $(FileNameExt)
command.go.subsystem.*.rbw=1
command.help.*.rb=$(CurrentWord)!c:\Ruby\ProgrammingRuby.chm
command.help.subsystem.*.rb=4
command.help.*.rbw=$(CurrentWord)!c:\Ruby\ProgrammingRuby.chm
command.help.subsystem.*.rbw=4

command.name.1.*.rb=Check Syntax
command.1.*.rb=ruby -cw $(FileNameExt)
command.name.1.*.rbw=Check Syntax
command.1.*.rbw=rubyw -cw $(FileNameExt)

command.name.2.*.rb=Code Profiler
command.2.*.rb=ruby -r profile $(FileNameExt)
command.name.2.*.rbw=Code Profiler
command.2.*.rbw=rubyw -r profile $(FileNameExt)

command.name.3.*.rb=Run irb
command.3.*.rb=irb.bat
command.3.subsystem.*.rb=1
command.name.3.*.rbw=Run irb
command.3.*.rbw=irb.bat
command.3.subsystem.*.rbw=1

if PLAT_GTK
command.go.*.rb=ruby $(FileNameExt)

command.name.1.*.rb=Check Syntax
command.1.*.rb=ruby -cw $(FileNameExt)

command.name.2.*.rb=Code Profiler
command.2.*.rb=ruby -r profile $(FileNameExt)

Jonas Galvez

Dema said:
Hi Jonas, the one that ships with the One-Click Windows Installer=20
does a pretty good job. Here it is:

Yeah, I use that file on my custom SciTE build. It's got this annoying
bug with #{} inside regexes:

expression =3D 'x.z'
puts /#{expression}/ =3D~ 'xyz'

It will consider the text following '#' to be a comment :/

--Jonas Galvez

Adam Sanderson

If you're on windows, I would sugest this version, I felt it was a bit
more polished than the one-click installer's verison:
http://gisdeveloper.tripod.com/scite.html

Furthermore, has anyone seen one that handles the block string
functions correctly?
Such as triple quotes, and heredocs(?)

.adam