SCJP

man4*.*

I'm considering to start learning and become SCJP..
I was looking and found
Complete Java 2 Certification Study Guide, 5th Edition
book by Phillip Heller, Simon Roberts
By you opinion is this really good book to start learnig for
certification or is there any better?
i persume this book covers everything for SCJP..

Chris Brat

I used that book and it covered everything I needed to know and also
covers the Java Developer exam.

Dont know of any books to compare it to for the Java 5 exam.

Good luck.

man4*.*

beside java.util, lang & io do I need to learn other packages from Java API?
how long were you preparing for the exam?

Chris Brat

Take a look at the sun certification site for a full breakdown of what
the exam covers - its very comprehensive.

I took about three months - it all depends on how much time your have
and how fast you can get through the material.