    By you opinion is this really good book to start learnig for
    certification or is there any better?
    i persume this book covers everything for SCJP..

    man4*.*, Nov 8, 2006

  2. man4*.*

    Chris Brat Guest

    I used that book and it covered everything I needed to know and also
    covers the Java Developer exam.

    Dont know of any books to compare it to for the Java 5 exam.

    Good luck.

    Chris Brat, Nov 8, 2006

  3. man4*.*

    man4*.* Guest

    beside java.util, lang & io do I need to learn other packages from Java API?
    how long were you preparing for the exam?

    man4*.*, Nov 8, 2006
  4. Why not tackle the SCJA exam first? It is the entry level Java
    certification from Sun.

    Some great books are avaialable here:

    www.scja.com

    Cheers!

    -Cameron McKenzie

    www.pulpjava.com
    www.examscam.com
    www.technicalfacilitation.com

    www.pulpjava.com, Nov 8, 2006
  5. man4*.*

    Chris Brat Guest

    Take a look at the sun certification site for a full breakdown of what
    the exam covers - its very comprehensive.

    I took about three months - it all depends on how much time your have
    and how fast you can get through the material.

    Chris Brat, Nov 9, 2006
  6. man4*.*

    JanTheKing Guest

    I think the book by Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates is one of the best.

    JanTheKing, Nov 9, 2006