Screen not to blink

Guest

I am building a forum, and what i dont know is the screen to blick, everytime the user do something. I still have to use server controls. So what i was thinking, is if there is any change to make other page run on the back of my main's page. If there is, i can do the changes in the main page using some script like javascript, and run the server control on the other page

Thanks in advance
Marco

Guest

Maybe you dont understand what i want to know. The proplem is that the screen blick everytime the user click on a server control, in this case the button, thus what i don want is the screen to blink, i can replece the sercer control by one <input type=button>, but i still have to runsome server control, so what i am trying to get, is if there are any way of running the seerver code in other page, i mean like the code-behind page used in any .aspx page, please, i cant figure how to do this, so can you give me a help

Thanks in advance
Marco

Gary Chamberlain

Set SmartNavigation=true for the page

Marco said:
Maybe you dont understand what i want to know. The proplem is that the
screen blick everytime the user click on a server control, in this case the
button, thus what i don want is the screen to blink, i can replece the
sercer control by one <input type=button>, but i still have to runsome
server control, so what i am trying to get, is if there are any way of
running the seerver code in other page, i mean like the code-behind page
used in any .aspx page, please, i cant figure how to do this, so can you
give me a help.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Smart Navigation can accomplish the illusion that the page did not refresh:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...fsystemwebuipageclasssmartnavigationtopic.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpgenref/html/cpconpage.asp

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

Marco said:
I am building a forum, and what i dont know is the screen to blick,
everytime the user do something. I still have to use server controls. So
what i was thinking, is if there is any change to make other page run on the
back of my main's page. If there is, i can do the changes in the main page
using some script like javascript, and run the server control on the other
page.

Guest

Ok thanks, but what about running other page on the back, like an .vbs file, but in this case to run on the server, i could do the changes on the main page using some script, while processing the rest on the server using some other file, is it possible

Thanks

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Yes, one way would be to use web services. Use client side code to manually
call back to your server and then update the necessary parts of the UI
yourself via DHTML and javascript. For this you'll probably need to use the
web service behavior.
Here's more information on that:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/webservice/overview.asp

--