Screen Scraping

usha

Hi,
I have written a VB app which uses the web browser component to
screen scrape a website I was wondering if I could rewrite this in DOT
NET and I would like any inputs regarding this
These are the things I want to accomplish
1) Type in a query and click the submit button in the web page
2) get the result list from the web page
3) save the pdf documents associated with the result list
Thanks for any pointers
Usha

Juan T. Llibre

Please don't post your requests twice
using slightly different headings.

I answered your previous post.

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
===========

Joerg Jooss

usha said:
Hi,
I have written a VB app which uses the web browser component to
screen scrape a website I was wondering if I could rewrite this in DOT
NET and I would like any inputs regarding this
These are the things I want to accomplish
1) Type in a query and click the submit button in the web page
2) get the result list from the web page
3) save the pdf documents associated with the result list
Thanks for any pointers

Have a look at System.Net.WebClient or for more advanced use cases
System.Net.HttpWebRequest.

Cheers,