Script Debugger not starting

Katie M

Hi,
I'm running into a problem where the Microsoft Script
Debugger is no longer starting up when it encounters an
error or breakpoint. It used to prompt whenever it
encountered an error, but is no longer doing so. It
doesn't prompt to debug when it encounters an error. It
doesn't open when I use the "STOP" command in my
VBScript. It doesn't open when I select View|Script
Debugger|Open from the IE menu. It just doesn't open.
The only way I can get it to run is by manually running
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Script Debugger\msscrdbg.exe,
and even then, I can't set breakpoints in code - the
option is disabled, and even if something is already open
in the Script Debugger, IE still ignores the "stop"
command in the VBScript.

A few notes:
- I'm running Windows XP Professional, IIS 5.1, IE 6.0.

- The ASP pages I'm trying to debug are on a local virtual
server. This server DOES have "Enable ASP server-side
script debugging" enabled.

- Just about the only thing that changed between when it
did work and when it didn't, was that I manually removed
MSDE (by going through the manual removal instructions -
the regular removal wasn't working) and SQL Server, then
reinstalled the client tools.

- I've gone through the instructions given at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-
US;281427 . It didn't help.

- I've gone to the Script Debugger download site and
downloaded and installed just about every application on
that site. It didn't help.

- I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling IIS. It didn't
help.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.