    Disable Script debugging (Other) is unchecked
    Display notification about every script error is Checked
    Thanks for your help
    Pachydermitis, Mar 8, 2006

  2. Pachydermitis

    Guest

    Benxamin wrote:
    > Try double-clicking the yellow triange of death in the lower corner of
    > your IE browser window. It should pop-up a dialog box that allows you
    > to check "Always display this message when a page contains errors." And
    > then it gives you what it interpreted went wrong.
    >
    > Tony's right. Go to 'GetFirefox.com' and download it. The JavaScript
    > console under the Tools menu is WORTH IT. Also invaluable is the Web
    > Developer extension.

    Else you can use the following function that will alert you every time
    with the line number,
    message and with the file name
    function ErrorSetting(msg, file_loc, line_no) {
    var e_msg=msg;
    var e_file=file_loc;
    var e_line=line_no;
    var error_d = "Error in file: " + file_loc +
    "\nline number:" + line_no +
    "\nMessage:" + msg;
    alert(" Error Found !!!\n
    --------------\n"+error_d);

    return true;
    }

    window.onerror = ErrorSetting;
    , Mar 8, 2006

  3. Pachydermitis

    VK Guest

    Pachydermitis wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Any help would be appreciated. I can't get IE to show me my script
    > errors. This makes it impossible to debug anything.
    > Disable Script debugging (Internet Explorer) is unchecked
    > Disable Script debugging (Other) is unchecked

    Are you sure that you have JScript Debigger installed? It is not a part
    of default IE installation, while the relevant Internet Options are
    still presented. Check to see if you have "Script Debugger" in IE's
    "View" menu.

    If not then go to:
    <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2f465be0-94fd-4569-b3c4-dffdf19ccd99>

    See also:
    <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.javascript/browse_frm/thread/24fbd439f1bca22/f405c0312a81982e>
    VK, Mar 8, 2006
  4. Pachydermitis

    d Guest

    "Tony" <> wrote in message
    > Pachydermitis wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> Any help would be appreciated. I can't get IE to show me my script
    >> errors. This makes it impossible to debug anything.
    >> Disable Script debugging (Internet Explorer) is unchecked
    >> Disable Script debugging (Other) is unchecked
    >> Display notification about every script error is Checked
    >> Thanks for your help
    >>

    > Use Firefox

    That's not going to help the massive proportion of web users who don't, is
    it? Debugging isn't about using the browser as your every-day browser, but
    development.

    Why do people get so childish when IE is mentioned?
    d, Mar 9, 2006
  5. Thank you all for you posts, and thanks for taking the time to try to
    help me.
    - Yellow triangle - I dont even get one of these, I get nothing.
    - That firefox debugger sounds great. The only question I have with
    that is, each browser seems to have js accessable dom properties
    specific to it, so that debugged code the works perfectly in firefox
    still may not work in IE right?
    - The debugger in the view menu gives me my studio develpers
    environments. It is a bit frustrtaing having it open a new developer
    environment for each error, but I will try that out and see it maybe it
    will reset my standard popup errors - which although are arcane to say
    the least, are I am quickly discovering, better than nothing.
    Thanks again
    Pachydermitis, Mar 13, 2006