Scripting SAP GUI (Windows)

Thomas Guettler

Hi,

I need to script SAP GUI running on MS-Windows:

Open SAP GUI window, if it is not already open, and then batch input
some keystrokes.

The following solutions were found by google:

- autohotkey: not preferred, since it has an own programming
language. This will slow down development.
- pyHook
- user pywin32 and SetWindowsHookEx

I develop with python since seven years, but only on linux.

Any hints?

Prosenjit Kundu

First of all Linux is much better place.

why you want to automate GUI with python. You can easily use QTP such
GUI testing tools to automate your staff.

But that does not mean I am saying the Python is bad in any way. Py and
Perl are the two most good things in this world.

py-py,

Prosenjit

Méta-MCI \(MVP\)

Hi!

You can use Autoit.
Bad "conception" language ; but many good tools, for identify windows,
process, send keystrokes, emulate mouse, etc.
(Autohotkey is make on Autoit 2 ; Autoit is actually in version 3).
Good trick : Autoit-X is a COM server, with the most importants
functions of Autoit (nor GUI) ; and Autoit-X can be driven from
Python+PyWin32.

*sorry for my bad english*

Michel Claveau

PS : http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/ (& look also forums)