scripts into wxPython

justme

Hello

I've been happily scripting away for the last few years (Matlab, now
Python) and all has been fine. Now I find myself scripting up code for
clients, but they all want a nice GUI. I've had a tinker with wxPython
and it all seems standard enough but I was wondering if anyone has any
comments about how easy it is to shoehorn some fairly complex scripts
into a GUI so that non-scripters can use the code. I assume I'll need
to recode up all the input outputs?

Any thoughts, or should I have started GUI programming right at the
outset!

Cheers

kyosohma

Hello

I've been happily scripting away for the last few years (Matlab, now
Python) and all has been fine. Now I find myself scripting up code for
clients, but they all want a nice GUI. I've had a tinker with wxPython
and it all seems standard enough but I was wondering if anyone has any
comments about how easy it is to shoehorn some fairly complex scripts
into a GUI so that non-scripters can use the code. I assume I'll need
to recode up all the input outputs?

Any thoughts, or should I have started GUI programming right at the
outset!

Cheers

Yup! To get the inputs, you'll have to redo them in wxPython. But it's
not a big deal. If you're outputs are print statements than you can
just redirect stdout to a textctrl in wxPython and you won't need to
do too much there. Most of the backend complex stuff won't need any
changing or very little as long as it was written in a refactored /
stand-alone fashion.

Mike