Search Engine Products

I am looking to buy a Product that I can integrate with
my ASP.Net app so as to allow users to seacrh my site.

Does anyone know any good products apart from Microsoft
Index Server??

Thanks,

John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\)

We use Ultraseek, but it may be seen as expensive for your requirement . It
really depends on what you are looking to get from searching, and the value
of the product typically reflects the feature set. For example, are you
looking to search within a database, or just within static files - what
about dynamic apps, do you have navigation that can be recursively followed,
or does it come to a dead end without the correct parameteres, do you pay
for bandwidth - if so you need to find a non-aggressive search engine or it
could hike your bills an awful lot. Are you expecting to install and manage
this, or do you expect to use a hosted service.

Have a look at what some of the free ones do, and then look at what you get
when you pay for software.

http://www.freefind.com/ costs nothing to use if you can put up with the

And of course there is google in a box that you can buy for your network.

Between those is a whole host of others, it really depends on what your
requirement is.

--
Regards

John Timney (Microsoft ASP.NET MVP)
<shameless_author_plug>
ISBN:1-861007-91-4
Professional Windows Forms
ISBN: 1861005547
Professional JSP 2nd Edition
ISBN: 1861004958
Professional JSP
ISBN: 1861003625
Beginning JSP Web Development
ISBN: 1861002092
</shameless_author_plug>

Thanks for your reply John.

I mailny want to allow the user to search content on the
site. Nothing else.