Search Engine Question

King Coffee

Hi,

If I only put "Website Design" as the keyword for a search engine... as
opposed to putting "Website Design, Economical Website Design"... Will my
ranking order be less if a user enter "Economical Website Design in
Minnesota"?

Thanks,

King

Mark Fitzpatrick

King,
It's probably not going to matter one bit. The large search engines pretty
much ignore the meta keywords. The keyword meta tag was useful in the early
days of the web because the search engines didn't have the computer power,
algorithms, or experience to accurately index the data they were given.
Nowadays, they have very sophisticated ways to determine keywords and avoid
all the problems of things such as keyword stuffing. Google, for example,
ranks your site based upon how many people link to it. The more links to
your site, the greater an authority you are. That will determine where you
will appear in the search ranking. The quality of the sites linking to you
also comes into play so some sites can negatively impact your pagerank. This
is a really tough question to answer because there are just way to many
variables to take into account when trying to determine what will impact
your search engine placement.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick