    tried placing my cursor directly above a post that
    the "Search" engine should find and it didn't.

    Example: I put my cursor on "Authentication..."(date=Sep 9
    2003 6:21AM)
    Click Search and put "A.M." in the "From" search box
    (which is the next item, and search can't find it.

    Also tried same concept but put "RSA Security Tokens." in
    the "subject" box with no hits.

    Is indexing off today or what?
    I'm using ie6.

    Thanks,
    Mike
    MPurtell, Sep 9, 2003

  2. Hi MPurtell,

    Why not use Google? http://groups.google.com. It's a great tool! I think it
    should be found in google if it exits.

    StoneCode.

    WL\(fromSJTU\), Sep 10, 2003

  3. MPurtell

    MPurtell Guest

    >Why not use Google? http://groups.google.com. It's a
    great tool! I think it
    >should be found in google if it exits.

    Fine I'm sure Google would find lots of things but I was
    relating in context to this MS Product Support Services-US
    newsgroup site and the "Search" button next to "New Post"
    & "Post Reply" buttons.

    When I click on the "Search" button and then fill in
    criteria that should find posts that I can see in the
    current window and doesn't, I'm more than a little
    surprised. Isn't this a MS controlled site?

    http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?
    ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    ..security

    I wanted to know...
    1) Was it just me?
    2) Am I using the "Search" feature correctly?
    3) Does the "Search" feature only search 1 post and not
    the newsgroup(like it appears it's supposed to)?
    4) Looked to me like it was broken and I thought somebody
    at MS responsible for the site oughtta know.

    And it still doesn't work for me.

    So I guess, I could use Google, but thunderous applause
    would be the result for answers to my more fundamental
    questions here.

    Thanks in advance!
    Mike
    MPurtell, Sep 12, 2003
  4. MPurtell

    MSFT Guest

    Hi Mike,

    I tested the following page today, and it work smoothly:

    http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=micr
    osoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.security

    Did you work you for you now?

    The search is based on all posts in the group, not only current one.

    The From line is for name and email, for example MPurtell
    <>. A tip to get proper result is enlarger the
    range of date, for example, from 9/1/2002 to 9/16/2003.

    Besides visit it from IE, you also can access the NewGroup with Outlook
    Express and work with the Seach function in OE.

    Hope this help,

    Luke
    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security