Security in a Web Service

Henrik Skak Pedersen

Hi,

I have a web service which I would like to secure. The web service is a
public web service with no authentication. I would like to make some
security enhancements like removing the wsdl.

How can I remove the generation of the wdsl document?

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks

Henrik.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hello Henrik,

Regarding on this thread, I've also found your another one posted in the
following newsgroup discussing on the same question:

Subject: Web Service Security
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.security

Dominick and I have posted some suggestion on disable the WSDL document
page of ASP.NET webservice there. Also, if you have any other questions
about securing the webserice, please feel free to followup there.

Thanks for your posting.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead