Seeing Website1 in IIS

jeromebeaudry2

Hello. With Visual Studio 2002, whenever I created an asp.net
application, a directory (folder) was created under the root directory
in IIS. Why with VS2005 can't I do the same thing?

I am trying to access the site from IIS so that I can go to the ASP.net
configurations and change the default server to SQL Server 2000. (I
want to set up user accounts.) Now I can't.

Also: Have the ASP.net applications disappeared from VS2005? Can we
only design "web sites"?

Thanks.

Jerome

Guest

Jerome,
If you will take the time to download and install the Web Application
Project add-on to VS.NET 2005 and read all the comments and tutorials about
it on Scott Guthrie's blog, this should go a long way toward eliminating the
confusion.
Peter

jeromebeaudry2

Peter:

Is there a way to quickly set VS.NET 2005 to link to SQL Server 2000
instead of 2005 Express?

Thanks.

Jerome

jeromebeaudry2

I followed the Scott Guthrie's instructions written here:

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2005/08/25/423703.aspx

On step 3, below, I start having trouble:

***
Step 3: Point your web.config file at the new SQL Database

ASP.NET 2.0 now supports a new section in your web.config file called
"<connectionStrings>" which (not too surprisingly) are used to
store connection strings. One nice thing from an administration
perspective is that the new ASP.NET Admin MMC Snap-in now provides a
GUI based way to configure and manage these:

***

How do I get to the Admin MMC without IIS? I don't see the option in
the VS GUI.

Thanks.

Jerome

jeromebeaudry2

UPDATE:

I updated the web.config file and everything works fine. However, I
would have liked to have done this directly through the ASP.NET Admin
MMC Snap-in. Does anyone know how to get to this?

Thanks.

Jerome