Seeking Good Library Doc's

Glenn G. Chappell

I'm looking for some pointers to what people think is high quality
documentation for C++ libraries/packages. Specifically, doc's that are
complete, useful, and non-annoying to knowledgeable, skilled C++
programmers that know little or nothing about the package being
documented.

What the package is for, does not matter. I'm interested in looking at
what kind of documentation people like.

I would prefer doc's that are available free on the web, as I don't
have a whole lot of money to spend on this project. :)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jon Bell

I'm looking for some pointers to what people think is high quality
documentation for C++ libraries/packages.

Although you've indicated that you'd prefer Web references, i'm going to
point you to a couple of books, anyway:

Bjarne Stroustrup, "The C+= Programming Language", either the third
edition (paperbound) or the "special edition" (hardbound).

Nicolai Josuttis, "The C++ Standard Library".

If you have only enough money for two reference books about C++, get those
two. No serious C++ programmer should be without them, IMHO. If you can
afford only one, get Stroustrup.