Selecting a row in asp.net 2.0 GridView by clicking anywhere in the row

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by misiek, Feb 20, 2006.

  1. misiek

    misiek Guest

    Hi all.

    In asp.net 1.1 I followed instructions from "Top Questions about the
    DataGrid Web Server Control" article to select some row in DataGrid by
    clicking anywhere in that row.

    However in asp.net 2.0 it does not seem to work with GridView, because
    I got the following error: "Invalid postback or callback argument.
    Event validation is enabled using <pages enableEventValidation="true"/>
    in configuration or <%@ Page EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page.
    For security purposes, this feature verifies that arguments to
    postback or callback events originate from the server control that
    originally rendered them. If the data is valid and expected, use the
    ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in order to
    register the postback or callback data for validation."

    I do not want to disable eventValidation. How should I use
    RegisterForEventValidatin method to make it work?

    misiek, Feb 20, 2006