Selection Formula for subreports in Crystal Report viewer - Using ASP

RedZebra

Hi

I am calling and viewing Crystal Reports in internet explorer(using ASP pages) by
passing them the selection formula for the main report. Its working
fine. The problem is when the report has one or more subreport which
also requires selection formulas for them. I tried to find out from
docs but it seems there is no info on it, neither in the docs nor on
any forum! :-(

Does anybody have any idea how to do this?

Presently I am using something like this to call a report:-
http://localhost/TestReport.rpt?SF=({Table.Field} = 4)

Note: I am using Crystal Report 8.0 and IIS 5.0.

Regards,
Amit
amit.gupta.80[AT]gmail[DOT].com

Turkbear

Hi

I am calling and viewing Crystal Reports in internet explorer(using ASP pages) by
passing them the selection formula for the main report. Its working
fine. The problem is when the report has one or more subreport which
also requires selection formulas for them. I tried to find out from
docs but it seems there is no info on it, neither in the docs nor on
any forum! :-(

Does anybody have any idea how to do this?

Presently I am using something like this to call a report:-
http://localhost/TestReport.rpt?SF=({Table.Field} = 4)

Note: I am using Crystal Report 8.0 and IIS 5.0.

Regards,
Amit
amit.gupta.80[AT]gmail[DOT].com

It might be easier to do if you use parameters rather then SFs in your call to the report;
You can then specify the various values using the prompt0=4&prompt0@subreportname = 5

Use the parameters in the record selection formula instead of dynamically passing explicit formiulas.