    for links in HTML rather than XML? I really feel like it's where the
    internet is moving, and I'd like for us to meet it halfway.

    -Derik

    ReGenesis0, Feb 23, 2009

  2. ReGenesis0

    I V Guest

    On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 11:17:11 -0800, ReGenesis0 wrote:

    > IS there a decent standard or system emerging for providing context for
    > links in HTML rather than XML? I really feel like it's where the
    > internet is moving, and I'd like for us to meet it halfway.

    HTML does specify the "rel" attribute for marking what relationship the
    linked-to document has to the document containing the link ( http://
    www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/types.html#h-6.12 ). The microformats.org people
    seem to have some interest in developing a common vocabulary of link
    types beyond the ones in the HTML specification ( http://microformats.org/
    wiki/rel-design-pattern ), and they mention, as a "brainstorming"
    suggestion, the use of "cite" to document that a link points to a source
    ( http://microformats.org/wiki/existing-rel-values#brainstorming ), so
    that might be an option.

    I V, Feb 23, 2009