Send FormMail to Sender's e-mail address - using variables?

Shaldaman

I have a web form that uses FormMail to submit e-mails to me. It works
great but I have a text field titled 'e-mail' which is where the sender
types his/her e-mail address.

Is there a way to send the contents of the form to the sender's e-mail
address also? I know how to hard-code multiple recipients in the form
but since there is no way for me to know the e-mail address of each
user, can we use variables to store the value of the text field and
pass that to the FormMail script so that the script will not only send
the e-mail to me but also to the user?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shal

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Shaldaman said:
I have a web form that uses FormMail

What/Whose version?
Is there a way to send the contents of the form to the sender's e-mail
address also?

Hopefully not, else spammers will use it to spew to everyone they can
think of ...

Rik

Beauregard said:
What/Whose version?

Hopefully not, else spammers will use it to spew to everyone they can
think of ...

Terrible, terrible security problem in a lot of online forms.
Never, ever just send an email to an adress entered, unless you have a very
thourough CAPTCHAl, and even then.

Grtz,

Shaldaman

Matt's FormMail script.

I was thinking about the spam aspect too. But this form should remain

Toby Inkster

Shaldaman said:
Is there a way to send the contents of the form to the sender's e-mail
address also?

Do you *want* your form to become an instant spamming tool?!

Shaldaman

Yes, I want my form to be an instant spamming tool...sheesh!!

The form was only going to be used within a private network. Nobody
outside the network would have access to the form.