SendUsing configuration is invalid.

dancer

Using ASP.Net and Framework 1.1.4322
File works fine on my computer. On my host server, I get this message.
The "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The
"SendUsing" configuration value is invalid.

Source Error:

Line 134: ' SMTP server's name or ip address!
Line 135: myMail.SmtpServer = ""
Line 136: myMail.Send(myMessage)
Line 137:
Line 138: frmEmail.Visible = False

These are some declared variables:
Dim myMessage As New MailMessage

Dim myMail As SmtpMail

Dim UserMessage As String

Guest

Using ASP.Net and Framework 1.1.4322
File works fine on my computer. On my host server, I get this message.
The "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The
"SendUsing" configuration value is invalid.

Source Error:

Line 134: ' SMTP server's name or ip address!
Line 135: myMail.SmtpServer = ""
Line 136: myMail.Send(myMessage)
Line 137:
Line 138: frmEmail.Visible = False

These are some declared variables:
Dim myMessage As New MailMessage

Dim myMail As SmtpMail

Dim UserMessage As String

Check the support documentation that hosting service provides, or
contact a servicedesk. The error means that it requires you to specify
the SMTP Server. Usually it is an IP address of the mail server.

You can also try to use localhost, maybe it will work if SMTP service
is enabled on the same server where your site is located.

myMail.SmtpServer = "localhost"

dancer

I got the smtp server address from my host. I made the change, then I
received this message:
The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response
was: 550 <[email protected]> is not a valid mailbox
I have x'd out my address for security.
We host our own e-mail addresses inside the company - not on our hosting
server. But since it says *recipient* address I don't understand why it
says "not a valid mailbox"

Here is my code:
myMessage.From = "[email protected]"

' myMessage.To = strEmail

MyMessage.To = "[email protected]"

myMessage.Subject = "Accident Form (HTML)"

The from and to emails are the same.

Can you help me?

dancer

It is the TO address that is the problem, for I changed that one, and the
error message pointed it out. Now why would the TO address be a problem?
That should not have anything to do with a mail box on the host server,
should it?

dancer

No - I made that error when I changed the real address to x's and s's on
this message

dancer

On our website there are pages (maintained in Front Page) that communicate
with us through e-mail.
(No reference is made of SMTP on these pages.)

Why would we have permissions to relay through the server on those pages,
but not when I'm using Asp.net?

Thanks

Guest

On our website there are pages (maintained in Front Page) that communicate
with us through e-mail.
(No reference is made of SMTP on these pages.)

Does it mean you have a link, a sort of <a
href=mailto:[email protected]>Send me an email</> which is not required a
SMTP?

dancer

Maybe so ..... Here is the code: If so, why isn't SMTP required? And why
can't I get by without SMTP on an ASP.net application?

<form method="POST" name="Contact Request" action="--WEBBOT-SELF--"
onSubmit="location.href='_derived/nortbots.htm';return false;"
webbot-onSubmit>
<!--webbot bot="SaveResults" u-file="_private/contact_req.txt"
s-format="TEXT/PRE" s-label-fields="TRUE" b-reverse-chronology="FALSE"
s-email-format="TEXT/PRE" s-email-address="(e-mail address removed)"
b-email-label-fields="TRUE" b-email-replyto-from-field="TRUE"
s-email-replyto="Email" b-email-subject-from-field="FALSE"
s-email-subject="Contact Request" s-date-format="%m/%d/%Y"
s-time-format="%I:%M %p" s-builtin-fields="Date Time" s-form-fields="Reason
Source Other FirstName LastName Address1 Address2 City State Zip Phone Fax
Email Comments " startspan --><input TYPE="hidden" NAME="VTI-GROUP"
VALUE="0"><!--webbot bot="SaveResults" endspan i-checksum="43374" -->
Wheeler's representative contact me
regarding:</B></FONT> </p>