    Hi,
    I need to generate a sequence "0110". any ideas.
    VV

    Vivek Menon, Jun 15, 2006

  2. Vivek Menon

    Zara Guest

    On 15 Jun 2006 12:23:20 -0700, "Vivek Menon" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I need to generate a sequence "0110". any ideas.

    signal sequence:std_logic_vector(1024 to 1027):="0110";

    There you are!

    Zara, Jun 16, 2006

  3. On 15 Jun 2006 12:23:20 -0700, "Vivek Menon"
    <> wrote:

    >I need to generate a sequence "0110". any ideas.

    Typical idiotic student homework problem (it's the
    problem that's idiotic; no idea about the student).

    Hardware has a distressing habit of continuing
    to function after you've stopped looking at it.
    What, pray, is your sequence generator supposed
    to do before, and after, the sequence is generated?
    What is the user supposed to do in order to get
    the sequence generator to start? And, come to
    that, what the hell use is there for a sequence
    "0110"?

    If academics took a bit more trouble to couch
    their problems in a realistic form rather than
    providing trivial exercises that match their
    favourite page in the textbook, then the
    engineering profession as a whole would
    be in much better shape, and their students
    would be more likely to want to solve the
    problems for themselves and less likely
    to come whingeing to the newsgroups.

    Speaking, through gritted teeth, as one who
    spent a fair few years dreaming-up student
    homework assignments...
    --
    Jonathan Bromley, Consultant

    DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how

    http://www.MYCOMPANY.com

    Jonathan Bromley, Jun 16, 2006
  4. hey buddy,
    u just have to do is. reset the counter with the required sequence. n
    then
    assign it within the clock. i mean to say u can make the ring counter
    which will provide u with the sequence generator.

    signal seq: std_logic_vector (3 downto 0);
    process( clk)
    begin
    if ( reset = '1')
    seq <= "0110";
    elsif (clk'event and clk = '1') then
    seq <= seq (0) & seq( 3 downto 1);
    end if ;

    end process;

    i hope its write. neways am writting code in VHDL aftr 2 years.
    if am wrong pls correct me.

    dipesh.trivedi, Jun 19, 2006