Server Application Error

Dionísio Monteiro

Hi there,

After Installing IIS on a WinXP Pro machine, I have copied one of my web
site files to test it on that machine.

I have created a virtual directory, and when I try to access the site on
http://localhost/website. When I try to load any ASP page, I get the
following error:
"Server Application Error
The server has encountered an error while loading an application during the
processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail
information. Please contact the server administrator for assistance."

Checking the event log I have an error and a warning:

Error (source DCOM):
----------------------
Unable to start a DCOM Server: {99169CB1-A707-11D0-989D-00C04FD919C1} as
../IWAM_AKIRA. The error: "Access is denied. "
Happened while starting this command:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\dllhost.exe
/Processid:{3D14228D-FBE1-11D0-995D-00C04FD919C1}
----------------------

Warning (source W3SVC):
----------------------
The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC/1/Root/igfse'. The error
was 'General access denied error'.
For additional information specific to this message please visit the
Microsoft Online Support site located at:
----------------------

Does anybody have a clue? I have already tryed to reinstall IIS with no
results.

thank you!

Jason M. Murray

Hi Dionísio,

Your local Iwam account is getting denied rights somewhere when it is
trying to start the dllhost process. When you move your website to low
application protection in IIS manager do you see the same error?
Try adding the iwam account to "bypass traverse checking" user right,
if that doesn't work I would make sure the Iwam account also has "log on
locally", "log on from the network", and "log on as a batch job" rights. If
all those don't work you might want to try running filemon to see if its an
ACL issue.

Best regards,
Jason M. Murray [MSFT]

--------------------
| From: "Dionísio Monteiro" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Server Application Error
| Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 17:04:56 -0000
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general
|
| Hi there,
|
| After Installing IIS on a WinXP Pro machine, I have copied one of my web
| site files to test it on that machine.
|
| I have created a virtual directory, and when I try to access the site on
| http://localhost/website. When I try to load any ASP page, I get the
| following error:
| "Server Application Error
| The server has encountered an error while loading an application during
the
| processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail
| information. Please contact the server administrator for assistance."
|
| Checking the event log I have an error and a warning:
|
| Error (source DCOM):
| ----------------------
| Unable to start a DCOM Server: {99169CB1-A707-11D0-989D-00C04FD919C1} as
| ./IWAM_AKIRA. The error: "Access is denied. "
| Happened while starting this command:
| C:\WINDOWS\System32\dllhost.exe
| /Processid:{3D14228D-FBE1-11D0-995D-00C04FD919C1}
| For more information, see Help and Support Center at
| http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
| ----------------------
|
| Warning (source W3SVC):
| ----------------------
| The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC/1/Root/igfse'. The error
| was 'General access denied error'.
| For additional information specific to this message please visit the
| Microsoft Online Support site located at:
| http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
| For more information, see Help and Support Center at
| http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
| ----------------------
|
| Does anybody have a clue? I have already tryed to reinstall IIS with no
| results.
|
| thank you!

dio

Hi,

Thank you for your trouble.
I had my suspicions that it was some problem with IIS so, I have
reinstalled the operating system and everything is working fine now.
Thank you again.

Dionísio