server application not available

guoqi zheng

After I upgraded to .NET 2.0, every a few days, our sites will stop and I
get an error message of "server application not available". I tried the
event viewer but did not find any information related to this.

I am using Windows 2003 standard, any idea where to look for the error? It
sounds like a DotNet run time error?

regards,

Guoqi Zheng
http://www.ureader.com

Guest

Possibly it could be due to process recycling but then again it could be a
dozen other things. IIS settings, whether in IIS 5.0 compatibility mode,
various IIS settings that you may or may not have set, and half a dozen other
things.
First step, check the Application Event log to see if there are any clues.
Check connections being properly closed, download the Best Practices
Whitepapers from MSDN and "Get under the hood".
Peter

David Hogue

We saw the same thing in a server that we recently upgraded to .net 2.0.
There were a few different applications running, one in 2.0, the rest
in 1.1.

Turns out you can't have different versions of .net running in the same
app pool. As soon as we moved the 2.0 stuff to a new app pool, the
problem went away.

I don't know if this is your problem, but it seems likely. As Peter in
the previous post said: it could be half a dozen other things.