Server Application Unavailable

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Mudface, Oct 28, 2008.

  1. Mudface

    Mudface Guest

    Hi- I'm using SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition on a Windows XP Pro SP2
    machine with Visual Studio 2008 Pro SP1 installed. When I try and connect to
    Reporting Services, I get the following error in SS 2005-

    On checking the event viewer I noticed these two errors-

    and

    I looked them up and found it was due to the ASPNET process having
    insufficient permissions. I followed the advice given in Q313158 and still
    got the same problem. I've tried changing the machine.config file to use
    SYSTEM with an autogenerated password and got a similar problem. After a
    couple of days of messing about with permissions and configs, I put the
    ASPNET user into the administration group on the computer and I'm still
    getting the same errors. In IIS, I repeatedly get 'Server Application
    Unavailable' both with this and any other asp.net sites I set up. Quite
    frankly, I'm at my wits' end here, so if anyone can help, I'd be very
    grateful.

    For info, my machine.config in the v2.0.50727 folder file looks like-

    and everything is ticked, present and correct in the Reporting Services
    Configuration tool.
    Mudface, Oct 28, 2008