How to resolve "Server Application Unavailable" error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Susanna, Mar 27, 2009.

  1. Susanna

    Susanna Guest

    Hi,

    I have a webservice running on Windows XP (IIS 5.1).
    The webservice was working fine until some security patch was installed on
    the system.
    Now when I browse my webservice(.asmx file) from IIS, I always get the
    "Server Application Unavailable" error. I have already reinstalled IIS, and
    the executed the following command:

    aspnet_regiis.exe -i

    I am still not able to resolve this issue. Please help me to fix this issue.

    The details of the error are given below:

    Server Application Unavailable
    The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is
    currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser
    to retry your request.

    Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific
    request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server.
    Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur

    Event Log says:
    Failed to execute the request because the ASP.NET process identity does not
    have read permissions to the global assembly cache. Error: 0x80070005 Access
    is denied.

    Note: IIS is configured to ASP.NET Version 2.0.50727.0

    Regards,
    Susanna

    Susanna, Mar 27, 2009

  2. Susanna

    UT-BadBoy Guest

    Try these two possible solutions:

    navigate to the v2.0.50727 folder and run these commands in the
    command prompt
    1) iisreset /stop
    2) aspnet_regiis -u
    3) aspnet_regiis -i
    4) iisreset /start

    if that doesn't work navigate to the Temporary ASP.NET Folder and
    remove all folder contents
    ie :%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files
    \

    Hope that helps.

    Kevin

    UT-BadBoy, Apr 1, 2009