Server Error in '/' Application - Compilation Error - Temporary ASP.NET Files

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Tyrel van Niekerk, Sep 7, 2003.

  1. I have a site that works fine on my local box. I then copy it to my
    production server (Win2003) and when I try to access the site I get:

    Server Error in '/' Application.
    ----

    Compilation Error
    to service this request. Please review the following specific error details
    and modify your source code appropriately.

    Compiler Error Message: CS0016: Could not write to output file
    'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
    Files\root\a9e59083\3254c4a0\oxtcux7z.dll' -- 'Access is denied. '

    I have tried suggestions from various posts on the net to solve this, but no
    luck so far. Basically gave the NETWORK_SERVICE, ASP.NET full access to the
    temp folder. Then I gave full access to everyone, Then just to all the users
    already listed, etc. etc. Does not seem to matter what I set the access
    rights to, I always get this error.

    Any ideas? Please? :D

    Tyrel van Niekerk, Sep 7, 2003

  2. What authentication mechanism are you using, and are you using
    impersonation?

    --
    Chris Jackson
    Software Engineer
    "Tyrel van Niekerk" <> wrote in message
    > I have a site that works fine on my local box. I then copy it to my
    > production server (Win2003) and when I try to access the site I get:
    >

    > Server Error in '/' Application.

    > ----
    >
    > Compilation Error

    required

    Chris Jackson, Sep 8, 2003

  3. Just default install. Think I should try impersonation, have to find the
    machine.config file everyone is talking about. :D

    Tyrel van Niekerk, Sep 8, 2003
  4. I set impersonation to an admin user on the server, same error. Tried it
    with a strong name key in case that had something to do with it, also same
    problem. Not sure what else to try. I have to get this site up and running
    soon...

    Tyrel van Niekerk, Sep 8, 2003
  5. Success at last. Had to make sure ASPNET user has full rights to
    C:\Windows\Temp folder. Seems that's all it wanted. :D

    Tyrel van Niekerk, Sep 9, 2003