Server found request content to be 'text/html' but expected 'text/xml' error.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Saya, Aug 22, 2005.

  1. Saya

    Saya Guest

    Hello,

    The situation is as follows:
    My server app (ASP.NET WebService) responds to the client request
    (ASP.NET) by returning a text string appended with 2 int numbers,
    being the X&Y coordinate values of a MouseDown event on the client
    form. These numbers are supplied by the client.
    Code snippet:
    --------------
    Client-app: myLabel.Text=srvControl.MouseCoordinates(mouseEv.X,
    mouseEv.Y);

    Server-app:
    [Web Method]
    public string MouseCoordinates(int nX,int nY)
    {
    return "Your Mouse Coordinates: "+nx.ToString()+","+nY.ToString();
    }
    ---------------
    When I run this code, on a wireless SmartDevice TabletPC, a weird
    thing happens: if I click my mouse down at a 'slow' pace, everything
    runs OK. If I do it fast, the app crashed with the following message:
    << Error
    myWebApp.exe InvalidOperationException
    Server found request content to be 'text/html' but expected
    'text/xml'.

    Application::Run+0xf >>

    Looking into the W3C-logfile: error 403 (Forbidden)
    The MS-IIS logfile has more: 403.5 (SSL 128 required)

    I can't believe these error messages are true for this very-very
    simple request.
    I tend to look into some timing parameter in the Server area, because
    if I ran this code on the SmartDevice emulator, it did not break.

    Any ideas please ... I'm desperate ... .

    Thank you,Saya
    Saya, Aug 22, 2005