Server rejects template script request

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by helveticus, Jul 1, 2009.

  1. helveticus

    helveticus Guest

    Hi, I am confronted to a nasty problem: In a number of pages, I have
    included an external js script to generate templated data. The script
    relies on the embedded javascript library (ejs) library (http://
    code.google.com/p/embeddedjavascript/wiki/Testing ). Ejs allows html
    to be mixed with <%= ..%> control tags. The ejs templates work w/o
    problems on my local machine, but fail on the server. All pages are
    xhtml 1.0 transitional compliant.

    When the page is rendered by the hosting server, Firebug issues the
    exception error: There is no template at ... I noticed that the
    template is found when the erb-style delimiters <%= %> are omitted.
    It seems that ASP.NET refuses to service the request whenever these
    control tags are embedded in the template script.

    Question: How can ASP.NET be fooled to render the script (page
    declarations, ..) ?

    PS: My initial design was based on John Resig's micro-template.
    Unfortunately, I had to give it up since it does not pass XHMTL
    validation

    helveticus, Jul 1, 2009

  2. helveticus

    helveticus Guest

    Problem solved! It turns out that the problem was of type: HTTP 404 -
    File not found error. Adding a new MIME (type: text/html;
    extension: .ejs) in my IIS hosting account solve the issue.

    helveticus, Jul 2, 2009